Sunday, March 5, 2017

Crystal Cluster Watercolor Illustration: New Video On My YouTube Channel!






Hi friends! I just uploaded a brand new video to my YouTube channel so please check it out, give it a like and be sure to subscribe. 

For this project I used watercolor paper, pencil, Micron ink pen, and Windsor & Newton watercolor paints, but you can use whatever you have on hand. 

Who isn't crazy for crystals? They're fun to paint (and super easy too!) so I thought I would try my hand at painting my own (Yes, all of my videos are my first-time try, learn as I go!) 

I started with a pencil sketch to get the shapes on the paper, and then I used watercolor paints to color my drawing. I used very little paint - I wanted my crystals to be predominantly purple, so I used some different tones of violet, and then here and there added a bit of blue and then just a whisper of yellow and green to give my crystals that iridescent glow. 

Once my drawing was finished I added a quick sketchy outline in black micron ink. Check it out below!










I hope to do a few jewelry making videos in the near future so be sure to check back! 

If there is anything in particular that you'd like to see just leave me a comment!





I hope you have a great week! 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns



©Laura Beth Love 2017 all rights reserved